- Highly visible, phase-selective LED fault indication
- Setting via DIP switch behind front panel
- Test/Reset button
- Two remote contacts
- Push‐in clamps for quick installation
Sigma F+E 2.0 is a combined short-circuit and earth fault indicator. Due to the measuring principle the earth fault indication is suitable for low-impedance, solidly and isolated earthed neutral networks.
The current is measured via three single-phase current sensors. This allows phase-selective fault detection and indication.
There are two response criteria for short-circuit detection, fixed response values with response delay or auto-adjustment based on load current.
If the current for the selected response criterion – fixed value or self-adjustment – is exceeded, the fault-affected phase will be indicated by a bright flashing LED and remote contact will be activated. A double flashing LED signals a second fault that has occurred within the reset time, e. g. by an automatic reclose attempt and the remote contact will be reactivated.
For testing and commissioning purposes, the trip current values can be reduced to 10 A without changing the DIP switch settings.
Sigma F+E 2.0 AC/DC
This version can be connected to auxiliary supply. If the auxiliary power drops out in the event of a fault, the LED indicator can operate using a back-up capacitor for up to 8 hours.
Equipment set includes:
- 1 display unit
- 3 single-phase current sensors
- Short-circuit and earth fault detection from 3 single-phase current sensors
- Phase-selective fault indication
- Trip current values: load-dependent self-adjustment or fixed values
- Single and double flash mode for operation in radial and ring networks
- With auxiliary supply and capacitor storage available in AC/DC version
- No false trips due to harmonics
- Highly visible LED fault indication
- Detection of high-impedance earth faults
- Retrofit ready for earth and short-circuit indicators with monitoring/control and fault direction function
|Sigma F+E 2.0|
|Earth fault detection methods|
|Earth fault detection methods|
|Low-impedance/short-term low-impedance earthed||---|
|Earth fault trip current|
|Earth short-circuit trip current|
20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 or 160 A
|Response delay earth short-circuit|
80, 160 ms
|Short-ciruit trip current|
|Short-circuit trip current|
200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1,000, 2,000 A, self-adjustment
|Response delay short-circuit|
40, 80 ms
Short-circuit: 3 red LEDs (L1, L2, L3), earth fault: 1 red LED
Potential-free permanent or momentary contact (>1 s)
Contact capacity: 230 V AC/1 A/62.5 VA max.
220 V DC/1 A/60 W max.
|Automatic time reset||---|
|Reset via interface||-|
|Reset on current restoration||-|
|Reset on voltage restoration||-|
|Reset on restoration of auxiliary supply||-|
|Reset via Explorer Software||-|
|Internal power supply|
Long-life lithium cell, active flashing time >900 h, shelf life ≥20 years
AC/DC version: back-up capacitor, max. 8 h
|External auxiliary supply||AC/DC version: 24 – 230 V AC/DC|
|Temperature range||-30 to +70 °C|
Set of Devices
External signal lamp, 3 LEDs, 5 m connection cable
Order no. 49-0702-005
External signal lamp, 3 LEDs, bicolour red/green, 3 m connection cable
Order no. 49-0706-001
External signal lamp, 1 LED, bicolour red/green, 2 m connection cable
Order no. 49-0704-001